Anyone aged 12 years or over is eligible to take part in our study. To participate, simply submit your soothing photo below along with a brief description of how this photo makes you feel soothed. There is no limit to the number of photos that you can submit, so please feel free to submit as many as you wish. Every photo submitted has the potential to help someone in the future. Thank you for your support!
Before you decide whether to take part there are a few things you should know:
- Taking part in this research is completely voluntary;
- Your photograph(s) may be used in future research and therapies;
- Copyright to your photograph(s) will remain with you, therefore we can only accept photographs that you hold copyright for;
- Both your photo and your comments about why you find your photo soothing may be made available for public view. However, please be assured that we will not disclose your name or contact information;
- We reserve the right to edit comments or not publish any photos deemed unsuitable for general public viewing;
- We cannot guarantee to display your photo in our online public gallery, but please be assured that your photo will be included in our main database and will make an important contribution to research and psychotherapy in the future;
- We will ask you for consent when you submit your photo and comments but will not ask you for your consent again in the future for use in relevant therapy and research.
- If you are under 16 years, you will need to confirm that you have asked your parent or guardian if you can take part.
Further research opportunities
Before deciding if you want to take part, please read this document.Download
Investigating the effects of nature-related sounds and images on the mood of adolescents
We are looking for young people aged 13 – 17 years to take part in an online study.
Find out more about how to submit your soothing photos and help us learn more about the everyday experience of self-soothe.